Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our power went off while I had the oven self cleaning. The

Customer Question

our power went off while I had the oven self cleaning. The door has remained locked, the clock is not on and none of the controls are working. I have checked the fuses. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

If the oven door will not unlock properly after the self-clean cycle is completed (or canceled) and the oven has already cooled, then you likely have a component failure in the oven door lock assembly or the electronic control board. On your control panel you should see a button, usually the stop/clear, that has a picture of a lock underneath it. Press this button down for five seconds, then wait for two minutes and try the door. If it does not unlock, restart your self clean cycle, wait for one minute, then press stop/clear twice. You should hear the latch unlock. If it does not and the door lock light is flashing, then it shows a malfunction in the latch assembly. If the door does not unlock and the light stays the same, it is a control panel problem.

If you have no power at the control then remove the fuses from your panel or flip the breaker off at the breaker or fuse which powers the oven which ever you have on your home, wait about 10 minutes and restore power if it does not reset then the board was damaged during the power surge and will need to be replaced.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My oven does not have a stop on the control panel for the clean

then it should have a cancel button

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It does not

stop/clear/cancel, it works for all the settings not just self clean

give me the model number so I can give you specific instructions , it should be located on the inner door frame of the oven a tag with model and serial number, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has nothing .. I cannot open the door. It is locked
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If this is a range, the model tag is on the frame behind the lower drawer, you won't need to get the door open.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a wall unit with double ovens. There is no model # *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Okay, no worries. There is a thermal fuse that is in line with the black wire that leads to the control. If you open the lower door, you will see small screws at the bottom of the trim pieces on the inside. Once those screws are removed, the trim pieces can be removed. Once they are off, there are two small screws on the bottom of the control panel, one on each side. Once those are removed, the control panel may be removed to access the fuse you will need to replace.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

There is also a fuse on the back that will need to be replaced but I will need the model number for that one. The tag should be around the lower oven opening on the left side.