Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need help with bosch dish washer water not filling the dw

Customer Question

i need help with bosch dish washer water not filling the dw inlet valve replaced today
harry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the first thing to do is start a cycle and wait 5 minutes. Open the door and add enough water to cover the floor inside the tub. Close the door and continue the cycle. Wait 2 minutes and then open the door again. Did the dishwasher wash with that water or did it drain all the water out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try now
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK, just let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need 3 minutes more inlet vave got replced this morning. the valve solenoid has 2 pins which one is puple and which id white as this vave looks different?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem. It doesn't matter which one you connect to purpler and which you connect to white---it's interchangeable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got confused between white and puple?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. Again, it doesn't matter which one connects to which pin---it's interchangeable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after 2 minutes hot water still covering the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then if it doesn't fill up with water, the unit isn't in flood mode or else the water would have drained out. That means that you either got a bad water valve, there isn't water getting to the dishwasher, or the control board is bad. You'll want to make sure the dishwasher is actually getting water from your house. If so, then test power between white and purple and if you don't have 110 volts, your control board would need to be replaced. If you do have 110 volts, the valve came faulty so return it and get a new one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
110 in each of them?
0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, test BETWEEN the 2 wires and you should have 110 volts between the 2 wires. Also I should mention that you need to cancel the cycle and start a new one. The dishwasher will drain the water for the first 30 seconds, then it should start to fill. That is when you need to test for 110 volts. If not then your control board is bad.

To cancel the cycle, just press the 2nd and 4th button together until the clean light appears, then power the dishwasher off for 15 seconds and turn it back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked voltage got 120 volys in both
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You need to test just as I instructed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not filling so only thing i can do while DW is on is to check voltage in each wire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also it is not draing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
draining
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, that is no what I advised at all. I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from whatsoever so I'll send an option to talk over phone since I don't think you understand what I'm typing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sorry this is not working out i am not happy will disconnect
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Either way I have given you all the information you need to fix your problem. You may want to re-read how to do the test properly and then that will tell you what part needs to be replaced based on what I advised before. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me 10 minutes as DW is being checked
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks honestly i was not satisfied may this was the wrong time or we had a hard time in communicating i dont know i have used your site before this time was not a good experience thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what to say. I have given you may time and everything you need to fix the issue and you want to stiff me and not pay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you may be a good technician, but you lack patience to help some body like who is disabled and takes time to respond i dont appreciate whren you show your anger.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed you think that my time is worth nothing even if you're not capable of doing the test I advised.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i said i have used your site before and was satisfied not this time
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Have a nice day.