Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own a SHV 66A03UC/14 Bosch dw. Is was purchased in Nov.

Customer Question

I own a SHV 66A03UC/14 Bosch dw. Is was purchased in Nov. 2005 It has given me good service. Now the water will not pump out even when I use the 2 key cancel drain feature. FD841000438 What do you suggest?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Good morning! Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.