Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Our top-loading W10469645A washer does not start. The

Customer Question

Our top-loading W10469645A washer does not start. The lid-lock light just keeps flashing & lid does not lock. Laundry is placed loosely around the center.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
under the lid NOT on the lid ,but under the lid at the rear of the opening will be the manufactures model and serial number on a silver tag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model: WTW4950XW3
Serial: C23030007

Thank you!

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Does the lid seem to close properly?

on the under side of the lid does the door strike look ok ,not broken or bent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lid closes properly & door strike is ok. Lid doesn't lock.

ok does the lid even attempt to lock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if it is attempting to lock or not. It doesn't make any clicking sound.

ok so you probably have the ever common lid /lock switch failure it is the most replaced part on this design of washer.

I recommend to replace the lid/lock switch assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p11/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Door-Lock/W10404050/1938607?modelNumber=WTW4950XW3&ss=a11b5d1137016&mr=1?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.