John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Recently, the temperature in my refrigerator is not as cold

Customer Question

Recently, the temperature in my refrigerator is not as cold as the thermostat reading and is actually above 40 degrees, and everything in the freezer thawed out except the ice, which was damp. The setting is -08 for the freezer and 34 for the refrigerator. Until the other day, my ice cream was always like brick and I had to be careful not to let some things freeze in the refrigerator. I think the thermostat has gone bad and thinks the refrigerator is colder than it is because it still said the readings were -6 and 34 when in actuality they were about 22 and 40+. I cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer, which were admittedly too packed, and the readings are better, but according to a new purchased refrigerator/freezer thermometer, the freezer is -4-6 and the refrigerator is just at or above 40. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! TO have multiple sensors fail would be very unlikely. I suspect the issue is with the electronic control. Unplug the appliance for a couple hours to reset the electronics. Any change when it is plugged back in?