Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I JUST INSTALLED A NEW THERMOSTAT ON MY GE XL44 GAS OVEN-

Customer Question

I JUST INSTALLED A NEW THERMOSTAT ON MY GE XL44 GAS OVEN- THE PROBLEM IS IT WILL NOT TURN WITH THE KNOB ON OR OFF, I ALSO FOUND THAT THE OLD ON WILL NOT TURN NOW THAT IT IS OFF THE STOVE. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

SO the shaft does not push in or turn at all? If so you have a bad thermostat there is nothing else that would cause that issue. DId you have to break the shaft off to length? If so you may have made it too short as they typically need to push in and then it will turn.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks