John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm a new home owner since April 2015. I've got a Whirlpool

Customer Question

Hi Dave, I'm Carrie and I'm a new home owner since April 2015. I've got a Whirlpool Dishwasher 280-0, MOD # ***** SERIAL # ***** and it's not draining all the water out of the bottom. I removed the bottom tray and removed a any food debris but water is still standing in the bottom
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

ok when the unit drains you ARE going to have some water left in the bottom sump area. it will NOT drain 100% of the water out ,this is to keep the pump seals lubricated so that they do not dry out.

Now how much standing water do you have when the unit is done with a cycle?

Is this enough standing water that you can see it in the bottom of the unit ,or do you have to remove the screens to see the water level?