Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a front loading frigidaire dryer model number AEQ

Customer Question

we have a front loading frigidaire dryer model number AEQ 8000 FSI. about 7 years old.
WE DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS.
about twice a year we get a build up of lint on the squirrel cage motor and it starts to rumble loudly.
we call in a repair service at about $100 each time.
I have tryed to put thin tape on the edges of the lint screen but the screen fits tight and will not allow me to use the tape.
ANY SUGGESTIONS, BESIDES A NEW AND DIFFERENT BRAND OF DRYER?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The lint build up on the blower wheel occurs due to back pressure on the vent system not allowing the lint to exit quick enough. Your vent may just be long or have too many twists and turns to get outside, or the vent may be partially clogged and needs to be cleaned out through your house. Other than that, if you're handy you can take the dryer apart yourself and clean the blower fan wheel if you'd like.

Below is a video on how to access it so you can clean it if you need a step by step tutorial.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.