Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a front load Whirlpool washing machine. Model

Customer Question

I have a front load Whirlpool washing machine. Model WFW95HEXW2 Ser. C13850244. My problem is: First I hit power, then turn to desired setting, hit power and the add garment light comes on, then the door locked light. After that it just stops. Then after a little while in the delay window it blinks back and forth E:01 to F:06. After awhile it just shuts off. It does this every time I try to use it. I've even tried turning the breaker off and back on thinking that might reset something. I don't know if I just need to hit some buttons in sequence of what.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.\

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. That being said, the MCU is the part that I generally find faulty so that is the part I'd replace first and below is a link to the part to a place that allows you to return parts if you end up not needing them which is a great option to have on communication errors which you can't test. The part costs about $300 I'm sorry to tell you.

CLICK HERE for MCU

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.