Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Electric stove top. One burner ",popped" which turned off

Customer Question

Electric stove top. One burner ",popped " which turned off 220 breaker.Went to breaker box, Breaker will not stay on. It stayed on after several tries. I then tried to turn on a burner and it popped again turning the breaker off again. Now none of the 4 burners will go on.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

that is a dead short with the burners or the wiring to them ..it could be any one of the wires has melted off ,or is bare ,or the element insulation has worn and the inner element wire is touching on the element casing ..it is just a wire or element hitting on metal or other wire ,it needs to be unplugged ,back and elents taken out and checked visually and with a meter ,unless some obvious burn mark

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randy, If I just need a new element.How much is a fair price to pay an appliance repair technician?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

usually $120 -$140 plus parts , if its only a element that is a easy repair ,probably on the lower end