Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a relatively new GSS23HGH BC side by side. the water

Customer Question

I have a relatively new GSS23HGH BC side by side. the water filter needs to be replaced. Currently there is a sound like a jackhammer when I try to use water despenser.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

When the water filter gets clogged up it puts pressure on the system and the water inlet valve solenoids have a hard time opening and closing and this causes them to make a loud banging noise, replace the filter first and if that does not stop the water valve from making that racket then you will need to replace it also. I have listed the parts and part numbers just click on the text in blue and it will link you to the parts at sears. The water inlet valve is located on the back of unit, just follow the water lines on the back of the fridge and you will find it, if you have to replace it.

Refrigerator Water Filter

Part #: MWF

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: WR57X10040

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

\