Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a GE model JVM1490BH 02 in our RV It just stopped

Customer Question

we have a GE model JVM1490BH 02 in our RV It just stopped working, no power. The 20AMP breaker is still powering a computer so not the power source. Seems like it should have an internal fuse maybe? I cannot access the power cord, has to be behind it but not accessible without removing the unit from the wall, not an option.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So there is an internal fuse. It's part 1626 on the diagram in the link below which is clipped into part 7003. You'll need to flip the breaker off to cut power to the microwave, then remove the screws going into the top of the vent panel that sits above the door and control panel. Remove the vent panel and then remove the cover and control panel to the right of the door so you can access part 7003 up in the top right corner of the microwave. Unclip the fuse and test continuity and if it doesn't have continuity, replace it. If it does have continuity, replace the fuse. If it does have continuity, then you need to make sure the microwave is getting power from your RV and that the cord/outlet didn't short out or something like that. If it's getting power then you either need to replace the microwave or replace the display board. The display board is part number WB27X10778 and costs about $200 so it may be better to just replace the microwave if it comes down to it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no access to the top or sides of this unit. There are no screws holding the vent cover on. I tried to pry it loose but there are no clips holding it.

There are screws coming into the vent cover. They come in from the top. Below is a video that shows the process. ignore that the microwave is a Whirlpool in the video---the process is the exact same for your model.

If the screws are covered you have no choice but to uninstall the entire microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the video showed how to replace the control panel, nothing about a fuse you pointed to??

Correct, nothing about the fuse. There isn't a video for that. That video shows you how to remove the vent panel which you said you couldn't remove. That is why I gave you a link to that video.