Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frontload Whirlpool washer got stuck at 1 minute left of

Customer Question

My frontload Whirlpool washer got stuck at 1 minute left of the Spin cycle. It just kept running for hours. I was unable to shut it off. Finally managed to get it to Pause/Cancel but, then couldn't get the door to unlock. After several attempts, I got the door unlock button to work and got my very wet clothes out. The machine was purchased at Best Buy in Madison on 9/20/2011. I need to get this fixed ASAP. What do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So unfortunately the only thing that can cause your issue would be the motor control board mounted below the tub. This board is the part that actually tells the washer to shut down and when the spin cycle has completed. If it's sticking at 1 minute you can try to unplug the washer for 24 hours to see if the electronics will reset and if that doesn't work then order and replace the motor control board.

The number you have listed isn't correct for Whirlpool on their front load washers however and you will need the correct model number to order the correct part. The model number is ***** on a sticker just inside the door way. The MCU usually costs about $200-250 I will warn you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.