Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 500 series Bosch frontloading washer. Shut off in

Customer Question

I have a 500 series Bosch frontloading washer. Shut off in the middle of the rinse cycle and will not operate. Checked outlet and unplugged for an hour. Still not working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If you have no signs of life at all and you're sure you're getting power from your house, then you either have a bad main control board or the power filter assembly has failed. You'll need a multimeter to test which one is bad, but you test by pulling the washer out and removing the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Follow the power cord into the back of the washer and you'll see it plugs into a little device. That is your power filter. With a multimeter make sure you have 110 volts going into this device as well as 110 volts coming out. If not, then replace this device. If you are getting 110 volts, then replace the main control board because it has shorted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.