Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Since September a local appliance tech. has been trying to

Customer Question

Since September a local appliance tech. has been trying to fix my refrigerator.
The cold storage section stays at about 26 degrees and freezes all vegetables.
The tech. has changed the main circuit board and the damper, messed with the temp settings and still no love.
Can you help?
Bob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

If the board and damper have been replaced, the only thing left that controls the temperature of the refrigerator would be the temperature sensor, it sends resistances back to the control board and that is how the computer measures the temps in the unit, if the sensor is bad or not sending the proper readings the unit will over cool.

Thermistor Part #: 12002355

its listed as number 16 on the diagram:

Diagram - click here

let me know if you have any further questions, in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

rerate

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

thanks