Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Item is refrigerator model gs6nbexrs01. ice maker makes ice,

Customer Question

item is refrigerator model gs6nbexrs01. ice maker makes ice, but will not dispense. have emptied ice, switched from cubed to crushed and back to cubed. could problem be auger motor? if so, will need schematic (and part, of course) to repair.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So first, make sure that the ice chute flap is opening when you push the ice dispenser paddle. If the flap in the door dispenser opens and ice isn't falling out, then yes the auger motor has failed and would need to be replaced. Of course, do make sure the bucket is seated down properly so that the shaft turns the auger, but if the bucket is securely positioned then replace the auger motor behind the dispenser. Below is a link to the auger motor.

CLICK HERE for auger motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, so where is the schematic that shows location of auger motor?

There isn't one that really shows that, but it's located behind the dispenser. You have to remove the dispenser face and work your way back to access the auger motor. The drip tray should remove and expose some screws that you need to remove to start the process.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
far all I have received is a confirmation of my own analysis. where is my schematic that shows access to the auger motor?

So unfortunately they don't really make a schematic for what you're asking. Below is the parts breakdown and I drew a red arrow to the cavity where the auger motor sits so you can see all the stuff in front of it that you need to remove, but that's the closest thing to a schematic that Whirlpool makes.