Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My detergent disQQpenser does not open during operation.

Customer Question

My detergent disQQpenser does not open during operation. What can I do to fix that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If the dispenser won't open and you have cleaned it out, either the dispenser has failed or there is a small chance that the control board has failed and isn't sending power to the dispenser motor to open the lid. Now you'd need to take the door apart and apply 110 volts to the motor with a cheater cord to know if the dispenser opens when getting power or not, but if that is beyond your abilities, you'll want to just replace the dispenser since that is by far the more likely part that has failed. Below is a link to the dispenser you'd need to for your model number.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.