Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE WR55x10942 replacement board I'm trying to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have a GE WR55x10942 replacement board I'm trying to determine if I need to cut the jumper wire
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fridge model Model no GSL25Jfxblb.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: just replaced the control board, but there is no voltage to the compressor. I'm not sure if this fix applies. Yes -
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So you definitely do NOT need to cut the jumper wire. The only time you need to possible cut the jumper wire is on models where the freezer is on the bottom. You have a side by side refrigerator so do not cut any wires.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.