Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

, I used the self-cleaning on my whirlpool oven. The

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I used the self-cleaning on my whirlpool oven. The door is staying locked . There was an E1-F5 message a few minutes ago. Never had a problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, if you can help.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The E1- F5 error is a door lock error. If these suggestions don't help, you will need a technician to diagnose and repair the problem. Sometimes when you disconnect power to a range and reconnect it the electronic range control gets confused. You should disconnect power again for 15 seconds and reconnect and see if that helps. If it doesn't cure the E1- F5 error hold the bake button in until E0- F2 appears in the display. This is the error for a stuck button on the keypad and is the way to clear the memory of the electronic range control. Sometimes these work, but if the control has failed it won't make any difference.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks