Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

We are trying to replace a door gasket on a front load

Customer Question

We are trying to replace a door gasket on a front load washer model#wm3875hvca with a gasket #mds47123603. We've watched videos and it appears that the top of the washer should be removable by removing the screws from the back of the machine and pushing downward and rearward from the front of the machine and then lifting up. However, we are unable to get the top cover to budge. No amount of pressing on the front corners or top front cover will budge it. Is the top of the model removed in a different manner?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Hello ok behind the machine where the top panel sceews on behind remove all screws there may even be a metal bracket that holds the screws in place or individual plastic panel holders one per side remove them and you are doing it right it can be hard grab it from the sides of the top panel about half way what i do sounds weird i wet my palm very minimal just to get grip the rear thrus and it will come off.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, that doesn't budge it. We removed the screws and bracket before sending the email and had already tried grabbing and pushing the top panel from the front and along the sides. It just won't budge.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

HI, OK have you tried putting a flat screwdriver or butter knife between the panel and the machine wedging it upward

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, we haven't wanted to scratch the machine, and the videos we watched said that the panel had to be slid backwards an inch or so before it would lift.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Raise your hands then bring them down while pushing in reverse motion see if that helps

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No luck, Ezekiel. I think we're going to have to have a technician come out and remove it.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Sir i am sorry you are having issues i have run into this myself on lg and whirlpool they can be hard almost feels welded. Sir best of luck.