Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****, and my issue is I have a whirpool

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** , and my issue is I have a whirpool duet front load washer ,my son ran it with no water n now the gar
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry hit the wrong button, my sonran it with no water and now the add garnet light comes on and it wont start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this error means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough. The unit will go into flood mode and it will just keep draining for 15 minutes in case it is flooding and the sensor isn't reading properly. Just leave the unit plugged in for 15 minutes and let it finish draining. The error will reset and you can use the washer again. Just make sure you have good water pressure going to the washer on both hot and cold water lines and if that all checks good then the error shouldn't come back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer never had water and when try to start the add garnet light comes on the door locks and it'll try to start but stops n unlock the door
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I understand the washer never had water. But it tried to fill for 6 minutes which triggers the flood mode since the washer isn't sure if the unit is flooding your house or not. It tried to fill for 6 minutes and never reached the proper water level which is why it's in flood mode now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer been unplugged for a week and is still doing the same
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter how long it's been UNPLUGGED. It need to be PLUGGED IN for 30 minutes to reset. If that doesn't work then your control board somehow failed and would need to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I order the the control board and install it and still doing the same
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

My guess would be your replaced the wrong control board but I didn't hear back from you for a weak without any updates so I'm going to opt out and maybe someone else can help you but I was left in the dark and I don't like helping under those conditions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im good I got charge $28.00 I'll just have a technician come a fix it tx .