Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet front loading washer is getting an F1 E8

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm Eryn. My whirlpool duet front loading washer is getting an F1 E8 error about half way through any wash cycle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband and I have already cleared the drain, there were a few dollars in there blocking it. We thought that would have solved the issue, but we tried running a quick was to check it and at about 13 minutes left, the same error came up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So this error means that your washer is not getting water to it, that is why you got the error. As for how to reset the problem, just plug the washer in and let the drain pump run for 15-30 minutes and then the error will go away and the door will unlock on it's own. The drain pump runs and the door locks because the washer goes into flood mode since it wants to drain any water out in case it's flooding your house since it tried to fill for more than 6 minutes and didn't reach the proper water level. Other than that, just make sure your water lines didn't freeze and that you have good hot and cold water getting to the washer from your house. Start a new cycle and if it stops half way through the cycle again, you'd need to replace the electronic water valve because it's restricting your water flow for come reason.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?