Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Washer causing issues, either wont start, or wont spin,

Customer Question

washer causing issues, either wont start, or wont spin, checked drian, emptied and clean. still problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello ,my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you resolve this issue.first off what brand is the washer and can i get a model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maytag model mhwe200xwoo
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Thank you one second please

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you done the most common test. Unplug the washer for 2 mon 90 percent of the time unless the control board failed this will reset the computer lets try this please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please be more clear what should i do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have unplugged the washer multiple times during the process of trying to fix, in fact it had been unplugged overnight
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Lets unplug the washer from the wall for 2 mins this normally will reset the computer in the washer. After 2 min please plug it back in then see if it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have done this and it does not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not work
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Ok so the on the control panel no lights came on is that correct, also has the outlet been checked for power

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lights do come on, not a power problem
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

On the control panel do u see a a button or area when it says lock or unlock control

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right now a cycle of rinse and drain and spin is starting, however this happened before, but stops working when it comes to spininng
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hate to say this, but i don think you are helping me at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please focus on this problem that i am telling you:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do see the buton of unlock lock control, but what does that matter?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

One more question and if u are not satisfied i can have another tech assist you please remember i have no eyes on it but i completwly understand the machine . Is the machine stopping at spin on every cycle .

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

I asked you about the control lock because on your model if the light is on it disables the control panel thats all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not stopping, right now the light panal shows its holding by spin, but it is not spinning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the control lock button is not on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cycle is silent and not spinning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still here?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Ok the problem you have is a faulty control baord that explains why it works off and on may suggest a power surge protector to plug the washer into these boards are very sensitive so any outage ,surge will damage them. I can get you a part number and price to help you not lose time trying to find the part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please explain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cycle i started is almost finished down to 3 minutes, could it be that its not spinning because there is nothing inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it stopped at 2 min, and the 2 is flashing
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Let me get u a part number and price for the control board this will fix your issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you really dont seem confident about the issue
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Ma'am, all the test we did and what it is doing now. Everything on the washer comes from the control board nothing else with all respect i can have another tech assist you if you are not satisfied with my help but electronics on washer work just the way i have explained to you.if it was a manual knob style washer you could advance it but not the case .everything in appliance os computer controlled .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorru you did nothing to help me
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! This machine has on board diagnostics that will help us to determine what errors the electronic control may be seeing. They are very helpful in diagnosing and will prevent "shotgun guessing" in most cases. The tech sheet for your machine is available below. Can you follow the instructions in it to initiate the diagnostics and retrieve and post any stored error codes, please?

CLICK HERE