Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ice maker stopped working.... changes filter and water is

Customer Question

my ice maker stopped working.... changes filter and water is working... but the tray is not filling with water? what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Under the bottom of the icemaker on the front head of the icemaker itself is a test button. Press and hold this button for 15 seconds to see if the icemaker cycles. If the icemaker cycles and fills up with water, then just wait 24 hours and see if it cycles on it's own. If it never cycles on it's own or it never did anything when you held the button for 15 seconds, you'll need to order and replace the icemaker itself because it has just failed. Below is a link to the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

Now if the icemaker cycles but doesn't fill up with water, either you have a frozen water line going to the icemaker or the electronic water valve would need to be replaced. Probably the easiest thing to do is to unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to be certain that everything is thawed out. If the icemaker still won't work when you plug the unit back in and wait 24 hours, then you need to replace the electronic water valve.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.