bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Washer - no cold water runs. I was told here at this site it

Customer Question

Washer - no cold water runs. I was told here at this site it was timer. Very expensive and wrong. Still same issue
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wife tells me there was a water leak about the same time. Water cleaned up. Didn't leak again. Not sure if the issues are related.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK would you kindly let me have more information as this is a new question to me. When you say no cold water runs, do you mean in to the appliance or out of the appliance. Secondly would you let me have the full model number and do you have a multimeter or mains tester?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I don't have meters. The issue: it appeared as if the machine would not function in certain modes, thus it was suggested the timer is bad. Replaced that, issue still exists. It appears that the machine is not doing anything, any time it should be sending cold water into the tub. When it needs hot water, that works.Whirlpool lsr5132pqo
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK can you get the top up and get access to the water inlet valves?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Water inlets are on the back. No, I can't afford the $18. That's why I'm trying to fix it myself
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK I understand this but to find out if the water inlet valves are faulty as a starting point you will need to check out the valves using some form of multimeter that can measure volts, resistance and continuity. Otherwise you are throwing parts at the problem without knowing if the original are faulty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I understand. I have given up on this machine. I am no longer attempting to fix it. Sorry.