Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My name is ***** *****. What is this service about? Was

Customer Question

Customer: Hi William My name is ***** *****. What is this service about ? Was browsing for an answer on my Miele coffee machine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: basically, the Miele coffee machine was working just fine. but all the sudden, it started saying push the water container as far in as possible. and it will not rinse which is the first step to making coffee I have of course removed the water container, cleaned it, filled it up to the descaling mark, put it back in and still same error message. descaling works fine though water flows through without any problem when I descale the machine (which I tried as a troubleshooting possibility).
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** 4066 and I have already followed instructions in the manual without success for this kind of error message.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sensor that monitors the container position likely has dirty contacts. Have you cleaned the contacts on the container and in the machine itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. In this model, I do not see sensors in the water tank. I definitely see metallic sensors in the drip tray but not in the water tank.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am looking the service manual for that model up, I may have yours confused with the CVA4070. Please allow me just a few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course. thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay,that model uses magnetic floats in the water tank to get the message to the control that the tank is in place and the water level adequate. Are those floats in please? See the attached pages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked that they function properly by checking that the bottom float floats when water is in and that the top float remains low when the descaling mark is not reached.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you unplug it for about 15 minutes to allow the electronics to discharge and reset and see if the behavior changes at all, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. will replug at 7PM eastern time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately. This did not take care of it. other info: as it tries to rinse, the water does not come out where it should and I get as I said the error message of inserting the water container all the way. However, at each attempt, the water goes directly to the drip tray.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, I know the door tube is ok as I blew on the connector and I could feel with my finger air going to the other side where coffee is supposed to come out. so not clogging there.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the container is not snapping in all the way. I have not worked on this model, but I can pass along the service manual if you want to get a look inside for trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that different from the manual that came with the machine ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Definitely, it is the complete service manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
asking because I recognized the pages you sent me earlier.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The service manual is 118 pages long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. mine is 76 pages long. please send along then.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received it. thank you. I will check what I can find ... will keep you posted.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. I am getting reminders to rate you. I will probably not be able to get to the manual until this weekend. If you have any input based on the manual that you sent me, this may accelerate me solving the problem and be in a position to rate you. Thanks. David
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have no control over those reminders, they are automatically sent at timed intervals. Anything from me will appear in this thread only.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood and thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.