bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Northland Refrigerator purchased in 2005 (in

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Northland Refrigerator purchased in 2005 (in Brooklyln NY), model number AG48-XINNNF. It no longer refrigerates/freezes. While I was under warranty, the same thing happened two other times. Now I'm no longer under warranty, I want to make sure I'm not taken for a ride when trying to get this repaired. I'll take whatever advice you can give.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello if it is out of warranty obviously it will need a new packaged unit I've serviced these before let me get u a quote on a unit

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

HI did some research and you are looking at 700.00 for new cooling unit. Good luck now you have at least a rough idea price wise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ezekiel, I believe I selected a detailed answer. Can you provide the part number for the refrigerator I have and any other details that will be helpful in finding the right repair service?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Sure sir let me get some info ill get back to u shortly

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir the info i found earlier i have not been able to find another model number or website it states they are now manvel appliances im going to step down and allow another expert to possibly share some light. And help you. Good luck.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK my name is ***** ***** lets start from the beginning, you have had two warranty repairs whilst under warranty, can you give me an idea of what was carried out on these two calls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem was always the same-- it would stop refrigerating/freezing and get very warm (almost like a heater was turned on). Unfortunately I was never home when the repair was completed so all I know is that it started working properly when the repair was finished.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

It sound like the defrost termination thermostat has failed and is not terminating the defrost cycle at the correct temperture. However the two models you have given are both not recognized - if you could recheck and come back to me I may be able to help you further - Ian