Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I.e. Whirlpool Duet Washer Modle # GHW9150PWO: I unplugged

Customer Question

i.e. Whirlpool Duet Washer Modle # *****: I unplugged washer and shut down the water for vacation, when I came home I plugged washer in and turned the water back on. Now the "control locked" light is on and at the control panel is non-responsive. the only I can get the panel to respond is to press the "Control On" and the "Pause Cancel unlock door" buttons simultaneously, when I do this the panel lights up but is still non-responsive. I tried unplugging the washer to reset the panel but the "control locked" light remains lit when I plug it back in. What can I do to get the washer control panel to respond and the washer to work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the control panel is just locked. You will need to press and hold the "end of cycle signal" button in the bottom right hand corner of the control panel for 5 seconds to remove the control lock.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.