Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The interior light does not turn on when the door is opened

Customer Question

The interior light does not turn on when the door is opened on my Kitchen Aid fridge, model #KSCS25FTM500. The fridge and freezer are working well. I have replaced the Sylvania 40W bulb,120V with Philips bulb with the same wattage and volts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the light bulb is not the issue make sure it is screwed all the way down in if so check the light switch on the door frame, it may be bad or possibly the bulb socket is bad. Just make sure the bulb is screwed down far enough.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks