Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I remove a Bosch oven HBN 2151 from the built in

Customer Question

How do I remove a Bosch oven HBN 2151 from the built in unit.i believe there are screws that hol it into place.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Typically there are 4 screws that hold it in Open the door on the unit and there should be 4 screws in the trim edge of the oven that screw it to the cabinet. Remove them and the oven should slide out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There were only two screws and loosened both and tried to pull oven out but it never moved. Not sure if top silver plate must be moved.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There were only two screws and I loosened them and tried to pull oven out but it never moved. Not sure if top silver plate where control knobs are situated must be moved.

It is likely just stuck in the cabinet make sure you have got all the screws out that mount it to the trim. You may have to remove the door to get at the bottom ones as they may be behind the lower trim piece.