Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator that is 9 yrs old. All of a

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator that is 9 yrs old. All of a sudden the control panel lights go off. The inside lights work but it starts warming up to the point that food in the freezer is thawing and everything in the fridge is getting hot. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The main board behind the unit is bad. There is a small access panel when you slide the unit out and go behind it. That is the board you need to change out to fix it, they go bad all the time on those models..very common issue. The part number should be WR55x10942

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks