Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just call me Judge Mental please.
, LDE4000<<<

Customer Question

Customer: Just call me Judge Mental please.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: LDE4000<<< I have connected White to Protector tab, Blue-#2 to #1,Black to #2,Red to #5, & the single Yellow to #6.Flipping the breaker pops right away, indicating a short circuit.This is one of those Whirlpool # ***** motors that is supposed to replace the original Maytag motors that all the wires match the color codes. Am I even close? <LDE4000
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: By all means, yes, this Maytag dryer is a boat anchor if I don't get this motor running.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LDE4000<<<
I read what I thought were all the previous threads that were similar to what I have and connected White to Protector tab, Blue-#2 to #1,Black to #2,Red to #5, & the single Yellow to #6.
Flipping the breaker pops right away, indicating a short circuit.
This is one of those Whirlpool # ***** motors that is supposed to replace the original Maytag motors that all the wires match the color codes.
Am I even close? <LDE4000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also replaced the timer and all the wire colors matched perfectly.
The major difference I see from the other Maytag dryers I have read about is that this is a single, not a double yellow wire apllication.
I have checked continuity on all sensors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also also know that the Whirlpool # ***** motor will work, as I by trial and error used fused jumpers and did get the dryer to run, but it starts without pushing the start button and buzzes and keeps running when the load is finished & has to be hut off at the breaker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further, like almost everyone installing this Whirlpool motor into a Maytag dryer have discovered, is that the wiring instructions that came with the #W10410999 motor are wrong, they do not apply to this or many other dryers. The starter circuit has to hand over feed to the centrifugal circuit once the drum is turning, but the two different wiring schemes are not correctly explained in the directions.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Have you looked at this video?

Click here

let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting to know where the red, yellow and possibly white are supposed to be connected.
I'm pretty sure the blue and black are no-brainers.
Is there supposed to be a jumper somewhere?
The Red wire is jumpered to #5
White to protector tab.
Blue to #1
Black #2
Yellow to #6
The Red wired jumper and is fused to protect from a short.
The instant the breaker switch is energized, the red wire jumper fuse melts.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As to the video, it is great, but does not cover a Whirlpool motor, it shows an original Maytag motor.
If I could have acquired an exact replacement Maytag motor, I would have this thing going and never bothered you today, as the motor featured on this video is a Maytag motor, not the Whirlpool motor that I currently had to buy.
I understand the Maytag motor is longer available, therefore the only option is to install the Whirlpool motor.
(MFG Part Number: W10410999)
I'm just waiting for the right wiring sequence so I can put this dryer back together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I will be more than happy to rate anyone five stars and pay for the right answer the minute I have this motor running correctly, not an issue here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whilst reading through the threads, I tried something mentioned.
To Wit:
White-#5
Blue #1
Black #2
Yellow #6
Red to thermal tab
--------------------------------
Negative Results
--------------------------------
I'll look for a reply tomorrow.
Thanks!
Judge Mental
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

White/Gray to Thermal Protector Terminal

Black to number 2

Yellow to number 6

Red to number 5

Blue to number 1

No jumper unless wiring for a gas dryer, which you are not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it blew the 25 amp jumper I am using to connect the red to #5 (which is the ground terminal for the motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor and timer switch have been replaced, any more ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maytag Schematic indicates:
White= Ground/common
Red= Push to start
Yellow = hot (L1)
Blue= hot (L2)
Black= to heater element (from L2)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to remove the switch to confirm continuity on the start switch and timer.
The motor was working earlier by bypassing the timer/ push to start switch as mentioned in my earlier threads.