John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a 2014 Waterfall Dishwasher, purchased on Aug.22

Customer Question

We have a 2014 Waterfall Dishwasher, purchased on Aug.22 2014. It has regularly refused to drain after the wash cycle and dishes have been filmy, not looking bright and clean. We have reported this, had technicians to visit ,all say nothing is wrong. A few days ago it happened again, I stayed on line being referred from department to department, after 3 1/3 hours I reached the "Executive Customer Relations department" I was given a tech. visit and a 90 warrenty. The Tech, came was thought ful and kind and told us we had to run hot water from the tap before starting the machine, then ensure it was on the Normal and Sanitizer cycle..we never were told this before, we did all that and the dishes were much better, we were pleased. Last night I loaded the machine, all dishes were rinsed before loading, the right cycle was checked, hot water run from the tap prior to Start...this morning we come to the kitchen the blue light is flashing and the water has not drained...the water is cloudy so I assume its the first wash water...we are NOT pleased.
This is an expensive machine and really WE ARE AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT TO DO. As the Tech at Samsung are stumped it seems to me that the consumers report that stats that this model and year are defective holds true, and I would like to ask you to take into account our patience, our numerous calls for help and the help we had were as puzzled as we are. We have struggled with this for too long, for a good customer service attitude, I am sure you must agree.
I look forward to your reply, with a solution to this frustrating machine.
Sincerely
Steele Sacks
Serial #...0BDMGDAF505701N
Model #..DW80H9930US/AA
Trans #..511(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have requested help from a third party site not related to or in any way affiliated with Samsung. We provide assistance with appliance problems for a fee. Was this what you intended to do or are you attempting to reach Samsung?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh I thought you were a Samsung site. This is a Samsung product so I guess they should be the ones to fix this..they are sooo hard to get hold of, but I have a link that I think I better keep following, thanks so much. I put my credit card info out there as asked, will that be deleted? If I hit a blank wall with all this ..I know where you are! I'll be back!! thanks again
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** I have no access to anything account related, we only see the question you post. I can get you the service manual, though, if you run into a dead end and need it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will keep that in mind, meantime cross your fingers that I wade through the Samsung hurdles ! I am persistent !!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Okay, good luck! Have a great weekend in spite of it!