Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a bosch washer and the model number is

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a bosch washer and the model number is ***** (###) ###-####
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: washer is just 6 months old, my son pressed the buttons and its not turning on keep hearing 4 beeps pause and 4 beeps pause 4 beeps repeadatly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, have you tried unplugging the unit for 5-10 minutes. It sounds like the control has a software issue or a glitch. Try unplugging it for several minutes and let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did unplugged it and shut off the circuit breaker as well, didn't help .

Ok. Just wanted to make sure. Try the sequence below.

Close the door
- Set program selector switch to position 0 ("OFF")
- Set program selector switch to position 4 (3:00 o'clock)
- Wait until the start LED is flashing. LED Start/Pause is flashing
- Actuate and hold the “Spin speed” button
- Set program selector switch to position 5 (turn clockwise)
- Release the “Spin speed” button.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I did that , reduced spin, gentle spin and rinse buttons are flashing and still beeping 4 times

Unplug it for several minutes now and see if it will reset back to normal operation?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do i leave the dial button on same position ? and unplug it as its flashing

You can it shouldn't matter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok do I plug it back , it's been 15 min

Yes, 5 minutes is plenty. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's still the same beeping 4 times

When does it beep? As soon as you plug it in?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There's no pre wash button, buttons on the machine are : the Signal button, Reduced ironing, heavy duty, rinse plus , spin and start/pause
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the beeping starts only when u turn the dial to any position

The child lock is not activated is it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There's no child lock button. Can I send you a picture of the front panel. It's a pretty simple panel with 6 buttons and a dial button

Some have it as an option. The control is shorted is what the code is telling you. If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. If not, a factory authorized technician would be best to make the repair.I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am a superintendent.i forgot to mention that a retired technic***** *****ged the boarding nothing happened, so he put the old board back and did all the tests needed and the basic stuff to check the washer, without any results he did not charge me and he promised to follow up but he disappeared and never returned my phone call. As I mentioned the washer is 6 months old and other than a small glitch in one of the board And I don't think there's a major issue

Forgot to mention? Good luck with your repair boss I'm opting out of your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a circuit board problem!!!don't understand why ur opting out but it's ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You asking me questions about child lock and buttons that don't exist with the model number provided.And you call yourself an appliance meDix
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tech sheet for your model is attached. Following its instructions, can you initiate the test mode and retrieve any stored error codes, please?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, thanks for your reply
As mentioned above the washing machine does not have display that I can actually read the codes it's a 6 button with a dial
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The lights will flash to display codes, see the error sheets attached.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only thing flashing is the start button, did couple of tests , it doesn't make any sense. Will continue tondo the rest tomorrow as its late , but thank you so much for your response as you are the only technician that made sense out of everyone I asked till now
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. We should be able to get into the diagnostics (if the control is not having problems) and get some answers. I will be around tomorrow for most of the day but do take some time away at various times.