bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have an LG washing machine model #wm3470hwa. Valves would

Customer Question

I have an LG washing machine model #wm3470hwa. Valves would not let water into machine. Hot and cold water valves were changed. We discovered that water would dispense if blue and white connections were switched on cold water valve. The connections would then have to be put in original position to complete cycle. For the rinse water to start the same procedure had to be repeated. Can you give us a possible problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Are the valves now wires as the attached picture shows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water will not dispense into washer. The ohms test was 1 on the center solenoid coil. The valve was replaced. Still would not dispense water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can switch blue and white wire connections to activate cycle. Water will then dispense. I must repeat switching the blue and white connections to activate rinse cycle.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK so are we saying here that if you switch the wires to another valve it works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But wires must be put back in proper position to complete cycle.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I need you to do one more test for me. You have said that you have replaced both hot and cold inlet valves and you still have the same problem. What I now need you to do is check that at the point in the program where cold water goes into the washer - if you are getting a voltage to the valve that doesn't work.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Can you check that number please, I cannot get it to connect - thank you.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Could you kindly check your number again please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not received a phone call and no solution was given for the problem.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid that the system has given me a number that is unobtainable as mentioned above. If you could check and resend me your number I will be happy to call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a phone call. I have not received a solution. I have a technician coming to the house.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you still require a phone call as I see you have posted a different number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think I should be charged the $18.00 I never received a phone call. I posted a different number when technician said one number didn't work. Twenty-four hours later I still had not received a call.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I see that you have called a technician out to repair you appliance. If you require a phone call I will happily do so but I am now finished for the day but will be back on duty at 7am EST tomorrow if you need my services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge my account for any services. I did not receive any positive advice. I had a technician come to house. Problem was solved in five minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If fees are being charged let me know what they are.