Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have an old built in GE p7 oven. I think the oven was

Customer Question

I have an old built in GE p7 oven.
I think the oven was overheated one time, and after that the circuit breaker is being kept tripped while the oven is not turned on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

check the elements in the oven and see if they are broke and grounded to the inside of the unit, if not and you can't see any obvious damage in the control panel , no melted wires etc, pull the range out and check for burnt wires at the terminal connection and check the wall plug. If all looks good, you may want to have the breaker tested, it could just be a failed breaker, it happens. If the breaker turns out to be good then it may be time to replace the unit, it is after all around a 1963 ish model and you would not be able to find replacement parts easily.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!