Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Broiler and bake features of LG model LRE30453 electric

Customer Question

Broiler and bake features of LG model LRE30453 electric range stopped working. Error code F-7 displayed. Oven will heat on convection bake but convection fan does not operate.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Be sure you have 230 volts across the red and black wires at the terminal block the power cord attaches to if so then:

Go to the relay board for the bake and broil elements. Check for incoming voltage between the red and black wires. You should have 230 volts all the time.

Set the oven control to bake at 350 degrees and check between the yellow and black wires that go to the bake element. You should have 230 volts. If you have 0 volts, check between the yellow wire that goes to the bake element and the black wire that goes to the terminal block of the range. If you have 230 volts here, the DLB relay on the relay board is bad. This will prevent bake and broil from working.If that's the case replace the board.

If not let me know thanks,

in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!