Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We purchased an LG refridgerator from Home Depot several

Customer Question

We purchased an LG refridgerator from Home Depot several years ago. It is one of the units with the freezer drawer in the bottom. We have been very happy with it. However,
we have noticed several fairly large spots that look as if the stainless steel is wearing
off. We have the spray to remove finger prints but that does nothing to help the large
spots. What is this and is there something that can be used to get rid of this? Is it
defective?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So this could be just poor manufacturing of possibly there is a chemical on the door de-oxidizing the stainless steel. You'll want to wipe down the unit with white vinegar and then let it dry. Use Stainless Steel Magic to re oxidize the stainless steel and if that doesn't work the only option would be to replace the entire door to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?