Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bates lg washer door wont lock so I cant wash clothes get a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** bates lg washer door wont lock so I cant wash clothes get a dl on screen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just an lg top load purchas mid 2013
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The error "dl" on the screen means that your door lock has failed which is why the washer won't lock the door. There really isn't much you can do but replace the door latch behind the front panel of the washer to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say if unplugging the washer for 5 minutes doesn't reset the latch.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?