bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have got a elektarabregenz GI4311XP(BEKO) dishwasher.

Customer Question

hello and good day!
i have got a elektarabregenz GI4311XP(BEKO) dishwasher. since 1 week we got black spots (max. 4mm) not oily all over the innside dishwaher. I have got the feeling that the DW does not warm up. I usally wash every 2nd wash with min. 65 Cel.
Have you got any clue what to do?
TXS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Could you give me the product code please it should start with a 7

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have added foto of black spots.txs
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK its Sherlock Holmes time - baring in mind that the only parts that are used in the dishwasher that are black are either door seals, seals in the salt cap and top spray bar connection at the rear would you just check those for deterioration and come back to me with your results.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pls see att. fotos,
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

I did - that why I asked you to check the seals and report back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
alll the seals are in good conditions. front door seal has got black spots which i am not able to remove. sorry for the language missunderstanding!"
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK let us just discuss the problem for a moment, there are no mechanical things in the dishwasher that can cause this problem so whatever it is and assuming that the pipes and seals are OK has to have come from outside. How happy are you about taking the base off the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you are right. i checked all the machine for mechanical things and I did at least 3 x washing without any dishes. i paused the programs to check if the water is warm or not. it was not.
I already have removed all covers and base. see att.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK if you tip it backwards can you take a picture of the base area, I am particularly interested in the heater and water softener module (left hand side with ceramic beads held within a plastic case.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i did not remove the down caseplate so far. should I? do you see the parts you questioned?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK the water softener seems to be clean so we know that the water going in is clear. Have you put a cleaner descaler through the appliance since you started to get this black stuff?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i put a cleaner inside, put the wax seal did not open. i think because of the cold water and not warm enough to meld the wax. i did not put any Lime Remover. it is not specially recommanded in the user manual.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK - well I guess initially the way forward is to remove the heater assembly and change that, are you happy to do this, its straight forward but before you do do you have any electrical test equipment in the house?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just bought yesterday a VOLTCRAFT DT-TEST-KIT 150.
happy . as long you instruct me.
txs
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

IK I need you to set it to continuity so that when you put the two probes together you get a beep. Do you know what the heater looks like?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry. Somehow my answer I have sent 45 min ago to you did not go through.
NO- I don´t know what the heater looks like. I used a multitester ages ago. pls be aware that I need step by step explanation.
txs
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK I am going to send you a 'you tube' video clip of someone changing a straight through dishwasher heater. He holds the heater in his hand as he is talking. You dishwasher is not the same make but it has the same type of heater. If you look under you dishwasher it is quite easy to spot. If you put the meter on to continuity (beep) you will find that you have two wires going into the heater connections and one that goes to the earth on the casing, If you put your beeper across the two terminals - tell me if it beeps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXrPCqs2fUA

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hey! I am sorry put I need to get some sleep. try to get hold of you during th e day. anyway so far TXS a lot!!!
kurt
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good morning Bonzaco. How are you? I will just look at the youtube videos you have sent. max 30 min. Kurt
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello Bonzaco! I play around to get all tzhe water out of the dishawasher. PLS help! Al least I know now how to use the multimeter.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK good afternoon - where are you with things?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pls give me some answer of my question(hello Bonzaco! I play around to get all tzhe water out of the dishawasher. PLS help! Al least I know now how to use the multimeter.) TXS
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

I sent you a message earlier but it seems to have not reached you - did you manage to empty the water out of the dishwasher and locate the tube heater and test it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry but i was writting, that I have not fixed the problem with the inside water and if there is any chance that you would provide me with help and good ideas. I think that I know by now where the heater is located .
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

If you take the drain hose out of the drain pipe and put it in a bowl near the base the water should drain out into it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did that already. but there is still a lot of water in the air braker and grid softener where the salt is.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

That is fine just put a towel down to soak up the water from the air break, the water softener is a sealed unit the water wont come out of there if you keep the salt cap on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello bonzaco! I am very sorry I had some troubles and could gez back to you earlier on.I was a niche guy and dismounted the air bracker. my major concern about the water in the dishwaher was end of the day just one wet towel and half bucket full of water.
I have send you some photos to give you a better overlook. which part must I test? as far as I have heard the circulation pump has got the heater included. pls let me know step by step what to do!
txs a lot! best regards kurt
ps:
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
16 January 2016 06:43
txs a lot! best regards kurt
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ich hab ejetzt erst gesehen, dass ihre seite auch auf deutsch ist. mein experte meldet sich nicht!
bittte um antwort! lg kurt