Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have G.E. washer that is about a month old and the tub in

Customer Question

I have G.E. washer that is about a month old and the tub in the washer beats the side of the tub when it spins. It does not do it if nothing is in the washer. A repair man came out, did something to a bolt or something and said it was fixed. I am so so upset. I paid 500.00 for it and now cant even use it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello,my name is***** will be happy to help you let me check something here.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

ok this machine has a shipping bolt that must be removed prior to using the machine it binds the motor to the inside washer base you can see if it is there by removing the front panel on the washer, or has the washer been working fine until now.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

hi another question if you spin the inner tub by hand does it spin in a circular motion or does it spin in an oval motion . also if you grab ahold of the inner tub and you attempt to shake it side to side is it firm or does it wobble a lot as if broken hold the complete tub sturdy while attempting this .let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wobbles
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

good morning, ok if the basket wobbles the base of the basket underneath it screws on to a shaft those screws Ive never seen break off but seems that the transmission shaft screws may have broken. that is going to be a major repair. if the machine has warranty by all means use it . out of pocket expense would be around 300.00 dollars.