Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag washing machine lid light is flashing. How do I

Customer Question

Customer: My Maytag washing machine lid light is flashing. How do I turn the light out? Lowell Roberts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The clothes inside washing machine is already clean. Then the lid light keeps blinking. It was spinning, then it stopped. Lowell
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on line. Any answer yet on my question why blinking light stays on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting on line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter suggested that I unplug the washing machine. I did unplug the washing machine and the machine reset itself. The blinking light went away and it is now working. Lowell
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That is pretty common on those machines. If you run into trouble like that again, if you lift the control panel lid, you will see the technical information booklet in there that will explain how to reset the control. Glad it was able to be reset with a simple power cycle, nice work!