Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My washer is less than 2 years old and the last 20 or so

Customer Question

My washer is less than 2 years old and the last 20 or so washes I have to turn the drain and spin cycle on again. The washer does not drain completely every time. This is causing extra stress on the dryer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok this sounds as if the pump is working just not able to pump the volume of water in the required amount of given time.

which means the pump assembly will need to be replaced. I suspect the rubber impellers are worn .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/W10276397/1874334?rcaid=1000070

To gain access to the pump you will need to make sure it is empty pull the unit out away from the wall and tilt it back against the wall and the pump is right there in the unit If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** just had a knee replacement so I will have to call an appliance repairman

ok when you call them tell them to come with a drain pump or they may not have one on their truck and you will have to wait for them to order it .

And the price of the pump is shown as $96.20 ,expect to pay well over $100 plus for the part then labor to install it .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this washer issue just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.