Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung refrig setpoint flashes 74°. Refrigerator freezing

Customer Question

Samsung refrig setpoint flashes 74°. Refrigerator freezing food. Freezer side ok at -3°
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have a faulty thermal sensor in the fresh food section. It could be a fault in the control board, too. The only way to know for certain is to measure the resistance of the fresh food sensor. Do you have a meter to perform any resistance tests with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the refrig pantry temp sensor (da31-00071g) or the one higher up near the coils (da32-10104n)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter but am not at home
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The pantry sensor, see the attached pages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. Because of work, it will be tomorrow before i get home to test. I ordered sensor $7 and should get it monday. I am an electronics tech but dont know my way around refrigerators very well. I see how you can tell if its the sensor or control panel by comparing display temp to meter/chart. Thanks again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!