Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag is giving me a code of F21

Customer Question

My Maytag is giving me a code of F21
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The error code F21 indicates that the control is getting a message from the pressure switch that there is too much water in the tub. This can be caused by a faulty signal from the pressure switch or too much water being in the tub. Most often times, this is caused by poor drain pressure from the drain pump. The drain pump has a filter that is designed to catch any debris before it gets into the pump impeller. This filter is likely obstructed and will need to be cleaned out. At the bottom of the front panel are three screws. Once removed, you will have access to the drain pump assembly. It is in the center of the machine, directly behind the front panel. The filter will simply unscrew to allow access for cleaning. Have towels on hand, the water will come out once you remove that filter! Clean the filter out and run a rinse cycle to verify proper operation.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The pump filter is shown as number 11 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The video at the link below shows how to access the pump. You won't need to remove the pump, just turn the filter out for cleaning.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. For for your assistance in this matter. However, their seems to be an over -charge on my My Visa Card from the service fee by double the amount of what it was suppose to be. Please help me solve this issue and thank you again it's working like it's suppose to.
Txs
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry, I have no access to anything other than this question. I cannot see any part of your account, billing, etc. You have not rated my response, so nothing has been paid to me, just FYI.