Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The door latch/hanble on our Maytag MDB-3 broke again, two

Customer Question

The door latch/hanble on our Maytag MDB-3 broke again, two years after the latch and panel were replaced by a technician. How can I get the door open to unload it?
In case you wanted to know, the part numbers were W10130696 (latch) and 6-917715 (panel). I won't know until I get the door open and its innards exposed whether the same replacements are needed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

On this model the only option you really have is to slide a screwdriver or something between the frame of the tub and the door. If you can get 2 screwdrivers (one on the right and one on the left of the latch area) and pull really hard, the door will pop open. If the dishwasher can't be pulled out from under the countertop, you'd need L-shaped screwdrivers or an allen wrench or something like that in order to get just behind the door yet still in front of the tub and pull really hard.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?