bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Howdy Home Smithy, Have a LG WM1814CW that shakes the whole

Customer Question

Howdy Home Smithy,
Have a LG WM1814CW that shakes the whole house. Just bought unit used so no idea if this is new prob from shipping (without the bolts) or is a new or pre-existing condition. Replaced all 3 dampers & 6 pins. Does not get a balance error indication. vibrates from low speed all the way to high, although worse on high.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If all the shipping bolts are out you either have a broken or bad support behind the tub. n those units sometimes water and sludge would build in the spider support causing the units to shake and vibrate all over the place. Not much else would cause that issue if all the shipping bolt/pins are out and it is level to the floor. However that repair is very expensive I would return the unit if you can you got sold a bad unit as that is why they likely sold it in the first place.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry to say that "you either have a broken or bad support behind the tub" is not exactly helpful. And "sometimes water and sludge would build in the spider support causing the units to shake and vibrate all over the place" does not assist with diagnostics.
I bought the unit off Craigslist so no warranty avail to me.
I am seriously disappointed that this was your idea of a professional and helpful opinion. It was my assumption that I would have a technician make recommendations for diagnostics and troubleshooting, instead I received generic oh wow I think your stuff is broken and some other people have broken stuff too.

I am sorry you are looking for something different for that issue, you have already changed out the dampers and leveled it, nothing else causes that issue other than a support issue, you got a bad deal on craigslist and are looking for a solution that does not exist, I work on these everyday for 20+ years and that is your issue, but I will let another expert assist as you are obviously not happy.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Have you taken the top off and checked that the support springs and counterweights are not loose?