John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a magic chef gas oven CGR3742ADC. The broiler does

Customer Question

Hi.
I have a magic chef gas oven CGR3742ADC. The broiler does not fully heat so I'm looking to replace it. The diagrams I find on-line appear to have the broiler at the bottom of the unit. In my oven, the broiler element is at the top, and the oven heat element is at the bottom, below a 'tray'. Just want to confirm I'm looking at this correctly. the oven heats / bakes properly. The broiler does not cook items effectively.
Unfortunately, web sites tell me the broiler element is no longer available, even with a substitute part.
I may need to get a new unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please try to explain again. There are no elements---this oven is a gas oven. There are only igniters and a metal burner.