Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My nma eis ShaneMy Lg Washer is coming up with the de

Customer Question

Customer: My nma eis ShaneMy Lg Washer is coming up with the de code...i replaced the door latch assembly and i made no difference? sorry, name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I power on, hit the start button it does a double click 2 x and then comes up with error code DE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So it sounds like you know the error DE means your door latch is acting up. You've already replaced the door latch which doesn't leave very many more options I'm afraid. Check the wires between the main control board and the latch assembly and make sure none of the wires are broken. If all the wires check good, you'll need to order and replace the main control board because it's not reading the door latch properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you happen to know the part number for that?

I can look it up if you send me the full model number but without the model I have no way to know the part number.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wm2077cw

OK so the part number is ***** for your model number and apparently it's no longer made so unless you can find a used one for sale on Ebay or something there may not be an option to fix this washer I'm sorry to say.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wonderful

I'm really sorry about the bad news. I hope you understand I can't control the circumstances any more than you can.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have found a couple on ebay, is there anything else it could be other than this and the door lock assembly?
I hate to spend another $200 on the board if there could be more that is causing this problem...

There is not. Only the door lock, the wires between, and the main control board.