Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Drain pump filter was severly stopped up and smelling. Water

Customer Question

drain pump filter was severly stopped up and smelling. Water was leaking some where. After cleaning filter, ran on cycle and water leaked at bottom again. Suds left inside drum
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

There is an overflow on the back of the tub which causes suds and water to leak out if too many suds build up. It sounds like you have too many suds if there are suds left in the drum. You need to clean out the washer. Spray the inside with PAM to get rid of the suds and run an empty cycle. Then once all the suds are gone, run an empty cycle with HE (high efficiency) detergent to remove any remaining PAM spray. Now you can run a normal cycle and you should be good to go.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?